Retirement Visa to Thailand
- Enjoy Your Retirement in the Land of Smiles…
- You Get More than What You can Even Think
- Comfortable climate
- Low cost of living
- Natural beauty
- No language barrier
- Low crime rate
- Identity proof, including passport
- Recent passport size photo
- Marriage certificate
- Updated passbook
- Letter from the bank stating that the money deposited to the Thai account is from an oversea source and it is not lesser than two months
- Other documents like police clearance and medical certificate are also required
What Is A Thai Retirement Visa?
Thai retirement visa is a commonly used term for the non-immigrant OA-long stay visa. This visa can be valid for single entry or multiple entries. Typically, it is a long-term visa that allows the holder stay of a year in Thailand.
Are You Eligible?
You should be at least of fifty years of age
A security deposit of THB 800,000 should be made in the Thai Bank Accounts two months prior to the retirement visa application.
You must get monthly income or a pension of THB 65,000. Also, an affidavit from the consulate should be obtained as a proof.
You must have a total of 800,000 THB after combining your Thai bank account and per annum income.
Documents to Prove the Deposit
Bank letter statement showing that the money had been deposited to the account from the overseas source
Things to Know
The visa is mostly termed as the Non-Immigrant OA-Long Stay Visa
The visa is valid for single entry and multiple entries
The visa is renewable every year
The visa allows the holder to stay in Thailand for a year
Thai Retirement Visa Process
- Non-Immigrant OA Visa Application in Your Home Country
- The necessary documents mentioned above should be presented to the Thai consulate in your home country. However, note that not all Thai consulates are able to issue this kind of visa.
Non-Immigrant O Visa and Extension Application
- You will need to apply for a ninety-day initial visa from the Thai consulate prior to the application of the retirement visa.
- Proof of address in Thailand is required too.
- You should wait for at least sixty days in Thailand before applying for the retirement visa. The visa extension application can be only accepted if the applicant hasn’t crossed his final thirty days of his present permit.
Points to Remember after Holding a Retirement Visa
- Any retirement visa holder will require notifying the Immigration Office about their present residential address in every 90 days.
- In case you want to travel in and out of the country throughout the year, then you will require a multiple re-entry permit.
- Thai retirement visa has a validity of one year after that it needs to be renewed.
- According to the Bureau of Customs retirees are not allowed to import personal effects to Thailand.